The Mystery Behind Apple’s Upcoming iPhone 7!
Apple just released their two new flagship smartphones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in September. However, their next phone, the iPhone 7 has become a hot topic among people. They are spreading rumors about the device’s specs, style, release date, etc. In this article I will write about what we know and what seems to be true about these rumors and speculations.
Let’s start with the phone’s name. The “iPhone 7” is just the “speculated name” of Apple’s flagship product. However, there are certain rumors that say it will be called iPhone 6s instead of iPhone 7. The rumor seems to be true, since Apple has been releasing iPhones with “S” in their names, since the 3rd generation of iPhones.
Since the new iPhone’s name will be iPhone 6S, probably it won’t have a new style. “S” end iPhones have always been hardware upgrades to the previous versions. So, the iPhone 6S’s style most probably won’t change.
- The CPU: Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has a 1.4 GHZ Dual Core processor in it, which seems a bit outdated, since almost all Android phones have Quad Core CPUs. In addition to that Chinese smartphone brands, like Jiayu or Lenovo are putting fast Octa Core Central Processing Units in their cell phones. I don’t think the new iPhone will have an Octa Core CPU in it, but it is very likely that Apple will drop out the Dual Cores and switch it to a more powerful Quad Core CPU.
- The GPU: The PowerVR GX6450 Quad Core GPU is a pretty decent processor to have. Personally, I don’t think Apple will change that in their new phone.
- The Screen Size: Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were two phones that ended the “traditional” 4 inch screens among iPhones. IPhone 6 has a 4.7, while the iPhone 6 plus has a 5.5 inch big screen. It is very likely that they will keep the 4.7, now standard, inch, but it is quite possible that they will make other versions of the phone. To satisfy customers a company has to adjust to the consumers’ needs. Some people like small phones, some like big screens, while others are only buying smartphones with average sized screens. So, most likely Apple will make three versions of the upcoming iPhone 6S. They will make a 4 inch big 6C (or 6SC), a standard 4.7 6S and an iPhone 6S Plus with a 5.5 inch sized screen. The 6C will help the company to keep the “more conservative” iPhone users, since a lot of people sticks to “old, well known” things, such as the 4 inched iPhone.
- The Software: The sixth generation iPhones debuted with the release of the IOS 8 operating system for the phone. People have been predicting that Apple will release a new version of the IOS system, the IOS 9. I don’t think that will happen, since the phone will be a technical upgrade on the CPU and other hardware, so most probably the software won’t be upgraded to a new version. However, it is possible that Apple will make a big update within the IOS 8 to remove remaining bugs, minor tweaks and upgrades in the system.
- The Camera: According to trustworthy sources, the iPhone 6S’s camera will be upgraded so it can take high quality pictures and videos. Instagram and Snapchat users will benefit the most from this upgrade.
- The Charger: At the end of 2014 a company has found a new type of charger that can charge electronic devices using a wireless method. Most likely Apple will use this method on their chargers too, so the new iPhone can be charged more easily and faster.
- 3D Screen: Some rumors say Apple will implement a new type of 3D screen to their upcoming smartphone. With this glass, people can see in 3D without looking through the glasses. This screen could be a quite great invention and could be used for lots of things, however, I don’t think Apple will use this technique in the iPhone 6S.
Not official, but the iPhone 7 or 6S will be released in September, 2015. Since the smartphone’s release date is unofficial, changes can occur.